Let’s face it, we would all like to have a beautiful, clean, and organized space right? But it seems like one of our biggest road blocks is motivation. If that resonates with you, let’s try to de-clutter and earn cash at the same time. What a win – win!
Have you heard about Just Between Friends?
There are many ways to achieve this goal, but today our focus is on a small business called Just Between Friends where families save between 50% – 90% on everything growing kids need. Check out their intro video:
To find a JBF sale near you click here
How to get organized, de-clutter and earn cash!
If you have kids (or grandchildren) you know how fast they grow out of clothes! And what about all those toys, books, furnishings, etc. Here’s an excellent way to earn some cash and get your space organized almost at the same time. There’s a few steps to learn in prepping the items for sale and once they are delivered to the pop-up children’s resale location you just wait to collect your cash!
Here’s how it works:
1. Collect and save your gently used clean (no stains) clothes
2. Sort by size and gender (boy/girl)
3. Place clothes on a hanger (use safety pins to prohibit theft) and attach price tags (tag generating software provided by JBF)
4. Place in bins for ease of transport to the pop-up location
5. Two days prior to the sale, drop off your items and place on the sales floor
6. Pick up any unsold items and save for the next pop-up or JBF will donate to charities!
7. Receive your check in the mail $$ (JBF gives you 60% and takes 40% of each sold item)
Insider tips from an experienced consignor:
I know someone who has participated in the JBF pop-up event several times. She has two kids and lots of clothes they have outgrown (as you can see in these pics.) She’s got some valuable tips for making this sale as lucrative as possible.
– Price the items to sell (typically $10 and under for clothes)
– Bundle sets together
– Present the items like new (snaps, buttons, zippers all closed and ribbons tied)
Earning cash for clutter is easy
So, it can be as easy as 1,2,3 to de-clutter and earn cash! Just search for a JBF event near you. And if you’re considering downsizing to tiny living, organizing and de-cluttering is your best friend 🙂
Once you finish de-cluttering, and are ready to decorate all that new space, I’ve got several solutions for you!
Check them out here
Thanks for spending time with me
P.S. I’ll be sharing the results of how she did at the sale in my next post, so enter your name and email below to find out how much she sold! Any guesses? Comment below
Kelsey Donahue says
Thank you for spotlighting this great franchise. I have shopped and consigned at the Just Between Friends sale for nearly 2 decades. It has blessed my family greatly over the years. Additionally, they partner with local charities to gift all of the donations left after the sale, thus pouring back into the community. It’s up cycling at its finest.
It was my pleasure to write about this amazing organization. I just recently found out about it, and can see the strong positive impact it’s making on the community. Glad to hear your family has been blessed as well. We love up cycling!